Principles Of Language Teaching :
Primary & upper-primary English Pedagogy|Tet Exam English Pedagogy|CTET Exam Pedagogy |Principles Of Language Pedagogy Questions.
Principles of language English Pedagogy Questions and answers[ primary, upper- primary & CTET Examination]
1. Principles of language teaching are adopted from————
(c) both Linguistic and Psychology.
(d) neither Linguistics nor Psychology.
Ans: (c) both Linguistic and Psychology.
2. Which one of the following is a CLT principle-
(a) To learn it is to do it.
(b) Repetition is absolutely necessary.
(c) deductive method should be followed.
(d) mistakes should not be tolerated.
Ans: (a) To learn it is to do it.
3. Mistakes are a part of learning.This position supported by-
(a) Grammar-translational Method.
(b) Direct Method.
(C) Communicative Method.
(d) Total Physical Response.
Ans: (C) Communicative Method.
4. Language teaching should begin with—
(a) listening skills.
(b) listening & speaking skills.
(C) grammar & translation.
(d) writing skills.
Ans: (b) listening & speaking skills.
5. Emphasis on oral practice or ear training in language teaching is due to the influence of—
(d) Error Analysis
Ans: (a) Phonetics.
6. In language teaching use of mother tongue is—
(a) not allowed in any situation.
(b) allowed but restricted.
(C) allowed as the only medium of instruction.
(d) strictly prohibited in all situations.
Ans: (b) allowed but restricted.
7. Which of the following statements is not true—
(a) Know what you are doing.
(b) The whole is more than the sum of its parts.
(C) Processes are as important as their forms.
(d) Learning can take place only through drilling.
Ans: (d) Learning can take place only through drilling.
8. Which is not a psychological principle——
(a) to move from known to unknown.
(b) to move from concrete to abstract.
(c) to move from simple to complex.
(d) to move from abstract to concrete.
Ans: (d) to move from abstract to concrete.
9. Which one of the following is an offshoot of behaviourism ?
(a) the concept of reinforcement.
(b) the concept of constructivism.
(c) the concept of cooperative learning.
(d) the concept of holistic learning.
Ans: (a) the concept of reinforcement.
10. Find the odd one out—
(a) Language teaching is process oriented.
(b) Language teaching should be done with authentic material.
(c) Errors are necessary for learning.
(d) Processes are not important in learning.
Ans: (d) Processes are not important in learning.
11. Noise in the classroom indicates-
(a) incompetence of the teacher.
(6) indisciplined nature of students.
(c) disinterest of learners.
(d) constructive activities of the learners.
Ans: (d) constructive activities of the learners.
12. Errors of learners often indicate—
(a) absence of learning.
(b) necessity of mechanical drill.
(c) how they learn.
(d) forgetfulness of learners.
Ans: (c) how they learn.
13. One basic pre-requisite for language development is—
(a) exposer to language.
(b) reading newspaper.
(c) watching films.
(d) drill and practice.
Ans: (a) exposer to language.
14. Rinika , a teacher of very young students, insists on hand writing. She is thus helping develop——
(a) cognitive skill
(b) affective skill
(c) motor skill
(d) none of the above
Ans: (c) motor skill.
15. A student of class II says: I goes to school’. It indicates that the student—
(a) overgeneralises the rules of making past tense, showing that learning is taking place.
(b) is careless and absent-minded
(c) should memorise the rules of grammar properly.
(d) has not learnt grammar rules properly.
Ans: (a) overgeneralises the rules of making past tense, showing that learning is taking place.
16. Simi believes in personalised learning. This means she thinks that–
(a) every learner should get exposer to learning.
(b) every learner should enjoy learning.
(c) all learners must learn on their own.
(d) every learner is unique and needs to be given opportunities to develop to their best of abilities.
Ans: (d) every learner is unique and needs to be given opportunities to develop to their best of abilities.
Also Read : Learning and Acquisition English Pedagogy.
You must be logged in to post a comment.