Teaching Learning Materials Questions ❙ Pedagogy Questions on Teaching Learning Materials ❙ CTET Questions on Teaching Learning Materials.
1. What is the purpose of using the text-books ( main readers) in the class
(a) developing reading skill.
(b) reading for pleasure.
(c) reading for comprehension.
(d) readng for interest.
Ans: (a) developing reading skill.
2. A teacher brings photographs, newspaper cuttings, kitchen articles in the classroom. So the teacher is using
So the teacher is–
(a) domestic objects.
(b) teaching-learning materials.
(c) teaching aids.
Ans: (d) realia.
3. A teacher uses a report from a newspaper to teach how to write a report. So the teacher is making use of a/an—
(a) authentic material
(b) supporting document
(c) parallel text
(d) teaching aid.
Ans: (a) authentic material.
4. Which one of the following is not a principle of gradation of textbooks?
(a) frequency of use
(b) age of the students
(C) range of content
(d) availability of words.
Ans: (b) age of the students .
5. Blended learning refers to-
(a) mixing of e-learning and distance learning.
(b) mixing of face-to-face learning and distance learning.
(c) mixing of formal and informal learning.
(d) mixing of informal and non-formal learning.
Ans: (b) mixing of face-to-face learning and distance learning.
6. Gradation is necessary to-
(a) stop or minimize retroactive inhibition.
(b) maximize retroactive inhibition.
(c) introduce an abstract concept.
(d) help students to read variety of texts.
Ans: (a) stop or minimize retroactive inhibition.
7. Which of the following is not computer oriented?
(c) snail mail
Ans: (c) snail mail.
8. A major fallout of the wide spread use of computer in the field of education is-
(c) social network
Ans: (a) e-learning
9. 1.C.T. refers to-
(a) all technology including computer used in the field of education.
(b) use of CD-ROM.
(c) use of internet.
(d) use of Interactive White Boards.
Ans: (a) all technology including computer used in the field of education.
10. Which is not true for a language teacher?
(a) he should not follow the text-book blindly.
(b) He should supplement textbooks with other materials.
(c) He should consider textbook as a tool only.
(d) He should not select activities from Textbook.
Ans: (d) He should not select activities from Textbook.
11. The General Service List (GSL) of English words was prepared by-
(a) I.A. Richards
(d) Roger Fowler.
(c) Dr. Michael West
Ans: (c) Dr. Michael West.
12. Which is one of the important principles of text books for beginners-
(b) bilingual word list.
(c)allowing girls to mix freely with boys in the classroom.
(d) stuctures of sentences.
Ans: (a) gradation.
13. Gender stereotypes and bias among learners can be translation into target language discouraged by–
(a)using text books which do not perpetuate such beliefs.
(b) allowing girls to mix freely with boys in the classroom.
(c) asking girls to cook.
(d) asking boys to play football.
Ans: (a) using text books which do not perpetuate such beliefs.
14. As a part of a class project, a teacher planned a cooking competition in which all boys and girls should participate
Some boys protested. The teacher should—-
(a) complain to the headmaster.
(b) ignore protest by the boys.
(C) counsel boys to understand that gender stereotype is not healthy.
(d) respect the sentiment of the boys.
Ans: (C) counsel boys to understand that gender stereotype is not healthy.
15. One of the following qualities is not expected of a good teacher-
a) communicating freely with students.
b) teaching without using any audio-visual aids.
c) acquiring knowledge about student’s background.
d) sharing warmth, enthusiasm, and caring. Ans: b) teaching without using any audio-visual aids.
16. Audio-visual aids should not a) be helpful in achieving objectives of teaching.
b) be attractive and full of illustrations.
c) disturb the child mentally.
d) make learners interested towards learning. Ans: c) disturb the child mentally.
17. Language lab is more helpful for the
a) pronunciation correction.
b) understanding spoken English.
c) innovative teaching.
d) all of the above. Ans: d) all of the above.
18. Some qualities of a good English text book are-
a) good printing with no spelling mistakes.
b) suitable font size.
c) realistic and interesting subject matter.
d) all of the above. Ans: d) all of the above.
19. A good textbook at elementary level must have- a)instructions clearly provided for all types of exercises
b) illustrations should be attractive
c) pictures should be cleanly drawn and realistically colored.
d) all of the above. Ans: d) all of the above.
20. Which of the following aids help a student to hear the correct pronunciation, get the latest news, and develop his/her comprehension ability?
d) flashcards. Ans: c) radio.
21. Visual aids used in teaching/learning process help in the attainment of which of the following objectives of teaching?
a) cognitive, affective and psychomotor.
b) only cognitive and affective.
c) only cognitive.
d) only affective. Ans: a) cognitive, affective and psychomotor.
22. Which of the following is true in the context of teaching learning materials? a) photos and charts enable students to use their sense of sight and hearing to learn in the classroom.
b) Films are only a source of recreation and have no educational value.
c) Audio-visual aids have no value in the teaching/learning process.
d) stories can be taught using pictures with the help of a flannel board. Ans: d) stories can be taught using pictures with the help of a flannel board.
23. Which of the following is not a form of literature? a)Travelogue
b) One-Act Play
d) Memoir. Ans: c) Dictionary.
24. Which one of the following is an essential characteristic of a good textbook in English? a)The maximum number of textual exercises should be given to practice at the end of the lesson.
b) Every lesson should have a proper introduction at the beginning and a conclusion at the end.
c) It should be based on the guiding principles of curriculum and syllabus.
d) No difficult words should be given in the textbook at primary level. Ans: b) Every lesson should have a proper introduction at the beginning and a conclusion at the end.
25. Teaching Learning Material (TLM) should be used by teacher as it a) is not very expensive.
b) motivates learners to further prepare such material at home.
c) supplements teaching-learning process.
d) prepares students mentally to sit in the class. Ans: c) supplements teaching-learning process.
26. Dictionary is a very important tool for learning a language. Which of the following is least important about the use of dictionary? a) looking the meaning of a word.
b)check the passive voice of a word.
c)check the part of speech of a word.
d) check the spelling of a word. Ans: b)check the passive voice of a word.
27. For students to gain language skills from text books, the text book learning should-
a) correlate with assessment and achievement.
b) lead to using the text book sparingly.
c) expose them to more literary reading
become more cost-effective compared to. d) technologically supported courses. Ans: a) correlate with assessment and achievement.
28. Types of ‘text media’ are a) audio discs and tapes.
b) illustrations and diagramsm
c) motion pictures and documentaries.
d) digital e-books, e-journals. Ans: d) digital e-books, e-journals.
29. According to the recommendations of NCF 2005, technology could be integrated a) with the larger goals and processes of Educational Programmes.
b) with revisions to meet current developmental policies of the Central Government.
c) as an add-on to the main educational goals.
d) used only judiciously subject to the economic and social goals of a community. Ans: a) with the larger goals and processes of Educational Programmes.
30. Use of the medium of motion pictures offers a/an …….. experience for the student – a) abstract
d) vicarious Ans: d) vicarious.
31. A good introduction to a text should be-
a) telling the students anything that they can find out for themselves by reading the text.
b) a detailed explanation of the meaning of the text.
c) blocking the student’s active involvement by means of questioning
d) short and to the point. Ans: d) short and to the point
32. An effective language teacher — a) will make children learn all the answers to the questions given in the textbook
b) will use the textbook as well as other material as resources for teaching
c) will prepare question papers using only the questions given in the textbook
d) will rely entirely on the prescribed textbook. Ans: b) will use the textbook as well as other material as resources for teaching.
33. Teaching learning materials should be selected according to-
a) their availability in respective areas
b) the objectives of teaching
c) their cost
d) none of the above. Ans: b) the objectives of teaching.
34. Which of the following is not true in the context of teaching learning materials?
a) a blackboard can be used for putting the cut outs of newspapers and magazines.
b) teaching can be effective through the use of audio-visual aids.
c) audio-visual aids help comprehend difficult or monotonous content.
d) textbooks are one of the main teaching learning materials used in classrooms. Ans: a) a blackboard can be used for putting the cut outs of newspapers and magazines.
You must be logged in to post a comment.